Network Wiring: A or B?

I've just realized that I've got my wiring standards mixed up. All my jacks
are punched down as "A," while all the plugs and patch cables and the patch
panel in the closet are "B."

Everything works perfectly. I've made this mistake in my house, my mom's
house, her boyfriend's house, and two other houses now (I got bad info from
an installer friend.)

However, everything works, everywhere, with every computer that's been
plugged in to them.

Are routers and network cards smart enough to figure this out? The
difference in standards is that Tx and Rx (both + and -) have switched
places -- right?