Re: Trash-Bot

Pooh Bear wrote:

> So why is obesity so particularly evident in the USA ?
>
> Graham

  You make it sound like everyone in the US os overweight.

  I used to be on a 3300 to 3500 calorie a day diet.  These days it
ranges from 1500 to 1800 calories.  Any less and I get so weak I can
barely get out of bed.  I made a mistake and listened to a VA doctor and
TRIED to go on his prescribed 1100 calorie a day diet. It put me in bed
for several weeks.  I went back to the diet I had worked out for myself
and started feeling better. I actually put on over 10 pounds while on
the 1100 calorie diet, because I couldn't do anything and my body
thought I was starving.

   When I finally saw a VA dietitian she looked at my menus, with full
details on calories, fat, vitamins and minerals. She looked them over
and told me to add a half a glass of orange juice and not to change
anything else.  She asked where and how I came up with the diet.  I told
her that I had experimented with different foods to find what made me
feel the best, and still met the other requirements.  A lot of my
favorite foods are now only eaten on one of the two meals a month that I
allow myself to eat what I want, and not watch the portions so closely.
If I overdo it one one of those meals I can't eat breakfast the next
day, and sometimes lunch before I feel hungry.  When that happens I eat
just enough to take my medication for diabetes and high blood pressure.
You can't take them without food in the stomach.

   BTW, I have been on International Drive in Orlando quite a few times
and from what I saw, we are not the only ones with weight problems.  It
is an area full of discount and factory outlet stores where there are a
lot more foreign tourists than locals.  From what I saw, I think that
the tour bus company and car rental agencies should have charged them by
the pound.  It was kind of funny watching someone jabbering in a foreign
language while they had a half dozen cameras bouncing off their big gut.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida