Re: Home IR Control

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I just hope Jeff designs it so I can use all 256 X-10 codes easily from my
>X-10 remotes.  I've become pretty used to the luxury of pushbutton access to
>every house/device code with this gargantuan Control-Linc Maxi.  It even has
>a status LED that blinks whenever there's PLC activity.  Shrinking all-code
>access to the size of a UR24A would be sweeeeeeeeeet!

That's a fundamental misunderstanding of how the X-10 RF protocol, X-10
remotes and X-10 transceivers work.

The protocol allows for all of the codes. In fact, X-10 borrowed the NEC IR
protocol which can produce 16,777,216 unique codes. (With a bit of fiddling
the basic protocol can produce even more - 4,294,967,296 in toto.) X-10 only
uses about 1800.

The universal remotes and the palmpads can send all of the X-10 codes
although switching housecodes is not straightforward. However, even if you
switch housecodes, the X-10 transceivers will ignore all but the housecode
for which they are set.

I can send any X-10 RF code (including all house/unit/function codes,
security, MouseRemote, *Anywhere, CR14A, etc. with my RF modified Pronto
TS1000 or with an unmodified TSU-3000 or later Pronto or with almost any
PDA) and a Leviton All Housecode transceiver can understand and act on the
standard X-10 codes while a BX24-AHT, CM15X or my latest project (codename
Rosetta) can handle those as well as all the others, plus transmissions from
some wireless temperature, humidity, pressure and other sensors.

You'll need a long extension cord and a gold chain so you can wear the
Control-Linc Maxi like ladies of an earlier era wore their pince nez or
lorgnettes.