Re: IR cable: can I use CAT-5?

I've used CAT5 for IR on numerous installations without problems.  Most
of mine have been Xantech and Russound since I don't sell Niles.  IME,
Niles' IR products are just as good as Russound and Xantech though I
don't know if the voltage on the IR runs is the same or if they are
more/less susceptible to interferance.  Rather than chance having
problems after the drywall is up, bench test it first.  Just attach the
pieces to 150' runs of CAT5 and try it out.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com