Re: Trash-Bot

"Pooh Bear" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:43D2AC71.69D6450C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> So why is obesity so particularly evident in the USA ?

It's not.  This is a myth created by the CDC.  Not an intentional myth, but
an overhyping of research data which were found to be faulty.  Using the CDC
criterion Will Smith fit into the Obese category.  An overzealous press
trumpeted the story for a couple of months, and when the story became old
the mistake was uncovered, only by then nobody was interested and the press
didn't want to lose face.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,113975,00.html  (yes, I know not
everyone likes Fox news, but the facts are right about the CDC)

The U.S. media will point out any problem in the U.S. first, and this
information is broadcast all over the world.  CNN, Fox, etc. will tell you
about the health of U.S. citizens, but they will only infrequently tell you
of similar trends in Europe or anywhere else.
Not too many months back it was in the UK and European press that weight
gain was as much, if not moreso, a problem in Europe than the U.S.  I know
because I visit every year.
Two trends:
1.  The world as a whole is now richer than it ever has been.
People are able to spend more money on anything including food.  Snack foods
and treats were rare when I was young, and just weren't as available as they
are now.
2.  People are living longer due to new medical and drug treatments.
The CDC and the WHO along with researchers the world over conquer problem
after problem, until the #1 impediment to good health is now seen(or at
least was for a couple of months) as bad diet and lack of
excersize(spellcheck?).  This is only the next domino to knock down, and so
it gets the press.  I wonder what the #1 cause of death will be when the
average lifespan is 85?

Now, don't believe everything you read, and don't throw around the latest
disinformation in a defamitory way just because you can't bother to look up
the facts.

Brent S.