Re: Switching audio via an Ocelot and SECU's

"John W" <Don't_Spam_Me@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> You may also recall from previous posts that all of my SECU relays connect
> to my relay board and are only used to switch these 10a DPST relays.  This
> provides isolation and higher current carrying capacity.

A Candadian in the ADI forum, JC, posted: "Power relays require a minimum of
current through the contacts in order to stay clean. Switching audio will
eventually oxydize the contacts creating a high resistance path. Unless the
contacts are Gold or bifurcated silver cadmium (yes I know it's no longer
environmentally safe), the average 10 A contact requires a minimum of 100Ma
at 5V to stay clean."

That's the sort of thing I was also worried about, having been bitten by a
number of X-10 "gotchas" long after things were in place and issues began
appearing.   I've just asked him how to avert a "resistance" crisis.  I may
crosspost this thread to an audio group to get some more ideas.

--
Bobby G.