Re: Detecting where a coax cable goes to

"> A caveat --

> In a setup such as yours, each unused outlet should have a 75 ohm
> terminator.  Radio Shack has them.  Unterminated cables can mess up the
> signal to the active devices on the network.

> SJF

That goes for any unused connections on the spliter(s) as well. "

Wow, for someone who is regulary considered by his friends as a more or
less maven, I now feel unbelievably ignorant ): I guess ignorance is
relative... I have never heard of 75 ohm terminators, nor of the
problems caused by unterminated cables and unused connections on
splitters.  As I mentioned in another response - learn something new
every day.