Re: Smarthome Insteon Translator

They also say, "As a thank you for your help and support Smarthome will
provide you with a free upgrade to the final product."

There are thousands of users of HAI, HomeVision, JDS, ADI and other HA
controllers that are designed to interface with a TW523. The owners have a
large investment in some of them and would like to keep their existing
controllers but use them to control Insteon devices using Insteon's protocol
instead of X-10 devices or even Insteon devices using X-10's protocol.
There's no advantage to using an Insteon device set for X-10 other than as a
temporary expedient if you want to slowly migrate from X-10 to Insteon. They
need a device that emulates the TW523 but sends Insteon, UPB or whatever
else comes along.