wireless mic + voice recognition (+ handheld scanner?)

 Hi,
.
 I will be going to college soon and I don't exactly like typing much ;-)
.
 Sometimes you have an idea that is a keeper and some people do stuff like
calling their own answering machines and "leave the message".
.
 I was wondering if I can be somewhat free from the box (working remotely)
and/or do stuff like lying on bed while I read books and edit my papers
possibly using both a wireless mic and scanner. I am also trying not finish
college with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
.
 I use windows xp, but I have no problem with switching OSs or using another
one if need it.
.
 How far/good are gadgets out there? How much would such a set cost you?
.
 Thanks
 otf