Re: Ocelot and temperature sensings

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> I measure temperature at several locations with a SECU16 and thermistors
> that cost a couple of bucks each.  See my post on the ADI forum last June:

http://www.appdigsupport.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=0004
39#000000

Yes - that's what I want to do although I am at a loss to understand the
C-Max code - as usual.

IF Module #1 -SECU16 Thermistor is < 256
THEN Load Data to: V_Temp1
THEN V_Temp1 - 107
THEN V_Temp1 * 117
THEN V_Temp1 / 170
THEN V_Temperature = 113
THEN V_Temperature - V_Temp1

A few questions other than explaining what the above code is doing:

1) What kind of wire and what sort of length limits are involved?

2) Will temperature changes affecting the SECU16 enclosure and pull-up
resistors affect the accuracy of the readings?

3) Is there any way to log the readings?

Thanks!

--
Bobby G.