Re: Best brand coax and F connector for HD cable?

Rogue Petunia wrote:

> hi,
>
> Ever since I got a HD cable box and a plasma TV I have been having
> occasional signal loss (total loss of picture and audio, as well as failed
> DVR recordings due to signal loss).  I've exchanged the box and still have
> the problems, so I don't think it's the box.  Next, I will re-do the
> interior wiring to get rid of the 2 splits that exist and doing a straight
> homerun from exterior of building to cable box.
>
> The thing is, I don't own the installation tools for cutting a custom length
> of quality cable and attaching connectors.  I don't want to buy Radio Shack
> RG6 and a hex crimper. That's how the interior wiring was fashioned to begin
> with 2 years ago, and if the wiring is the problem I want to fix it not just
> replicate it.
>
> My local cable company, Time Warner, uses Beldon DuoBond III coax with PPC
> EX6 XL connectors.
>
> If I buy PPC EX6 XL and Belden coax, I must also buy the installation tools
> (expensive for one time use).  On the other hand, there is this guy who
> makes up custom lengths of RG6 Quad Shield with Thomas & Betts Snap n Seal F
> connectors.  Way less expensive for me than buying installation tools!
>
> So, to make a long question short, which would be better:
> 1.  Belden Duobond III with PPC EX6 XL connectors (must buy my own tools,
> over $70, plus $35 for cable)
> 2.  SCP quad shield with Thomas & Betts Snap n Seal connectors (can buy from
> guy already made to length for $30)
> 3.  Perfect Vision quad shield with Thomas & Betts Snap n Seal connectors
> (can buy from guy already made to length for $30)
>
> I spent $2000 on the TV, so I'm not trying to cheap out here on the wiring;
> just trying to make the right decision.
>
> Thanks.

Hi,
It's not the coax problem. Your signal strength readhing your home is
too low(marginal). This is job for your cable service provider.
How could you expect improvement with better cable. You can try line
amp. but again finger is pointed at your cable company. In my area,
our problem is cable signal being way too strong....
Tony