New technology wall switch dimmers?

There has been a lot of discussion here recently about newer
HA technologies (Insteon, ZigBee, Z-wave, etc) replacing X10.

Which, if any, of these newer technologies offer (or have the
capability of offering) wall switch dimmers which don't require
a neutral wire in the switch box?

Plug-in dimmers are fine, but I have many more (X10) wall switch
dimmers installed in my house.  As far as I can recall, none of
the switch boxes have a neutral wire and it would be prohibitively
expensive to have them rewired.  And I suspect that the switch
boxes in most houses don't have a neutral wire.

It seems to me that any HA technology which doesn't or can't offer
wall switches that work without a neutral won't get very far,
except possibly when pre-planned for in new construction.

Comments?

Regards,
Charles Sullivan