Re: Switching audio via an Ocelot and SECU's

"John W" <Don't_Spam_Me@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> wrt to the ADI forum - yes, the shortcomings you have identified are
real...

That's close to being obscene.  There's so much stuff that's CHA related at
that website it's a shame to see information so Balkanized.  There was a
great review of UPP reliability in this thread:

http://www.appdigsupport.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=000
196

but it will never get the exposure it deserves buried away on the ADI forum.
Nor will ADI generate many sales from their seemingly ever-dwindling
presence here in CHA.  I bought three of their units recently directly
because of CHA.  Neglecting this newsgroup just doesn't seem a wise product
strategy.  I'm sure there's some sordid tale involved, but it just seems a
shame.

Maybe all they do these days is go to trade shows.  That's the feeling I get
from the website.  Maybe it's their blisteringly hot Front Page News that
says:

SHOWCASE Updated 2/24/05. ADI is exhibiting at the 2005 EHXPO in Orlando FL.

"Fire up your time machines and join us!"  {sarcasm mine}

If it's really true that they haven't released a new product in three years
then maybe I should worry and start looking for a different automation
controller.  Sure it does what I want it to do - mostly - but I really want
it to do a lot more like interface easily with RF.  You can get a MiniITX PC
for less than a Leopard with USB, ethernet, modem, video, sound, and much,
much more and you can program it in a high level language.

Having to search forums one at a time - that's just *gruesome!*  I feel like
I am playing the original Adventure game when I try to search for things.
"You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike."  Cripes indeed!
What do they say in response to the complaints?  I haven't griped to them
yet since it seems they HAVE to know how awful it is and I still want them
to like me enough to answer my questions!  Oy!  A company's website reflects
on their all-around competence, I'm afraid.  I also thought that I read one
of their key men has left for someplace else (was it to work for Smarthome
or am I imagining all this?).

<sigh>

--
Bobby G.