Re: Network Wiring: A or B?

E. Lee Dickinson wrote:
> I've just realized that I've got my wiring standards mixed up. All my
> jacks are punched down as "A," while all the plugs and patch cables and
> the patch panel in the closet are "B."
> > Everything works perfectly. I've made this mistake in my house, my mom's
> house, her boyfriend's house, and two other houses now (I got bad info
> from an installer friend.)

It really makes no difference. Except on a single cable.
The signal does not know what color the wire is.
So it is pin 3 to pin 3, etc.

At least for normal 10 and 100 base T setups. Maybe at giga rates.
it could change which signals go down which pairs, which might
make it more susceptible to interference.

--
Pat