Re: Best brand coax and F connector for HD cable?

> Ever since I got a HD cable box and a plasma TV I have been having
> occasional signal loss (total loss of picture and audio, as well as failed
> DVR recordings due to signal loss).  I've exchanged the box and still have
> the problems, so I don't think it's the box.  Next, I will re-do the
> interior wiring to get rid of the 2 splits that exist and doing a straight
> homerun from exterior of building to cable box.

Start by running a direct link from the outside cable installation point and
the box.  Move the box or string some cabling directly.  See if that solves
it.  If it does then consider abandoning and removing all interior coax.
There's probably some tees, splitters and splices somewhere buried along the
various runs.  It's often safest to start from scratch.

> The thing is, I don't own the installation tools for cutting a custom
length
> of quality cable and attaching connectors.

Crimping is easy.  If you try going with fixed length cables you'll
undoubtedly end up with either in-line splices or extra lengths stuffed
somewhere inside a wall.  Neither are a good idea and both are a waste of
money.  If you redo this stuff you'll know what's where and even with the
crappiest of crimping skillz you'll still end up with a better solution than
what you've got now.