Re: Insteon Compatability with X-10

Aeolius <Aeolius.23m8sd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>none Wrote:
>> (just because one guy posted with a spoofed .au adress doesn't mean he
>> is in Australia, and if the guy really is in Australia he's probably
>> already going to know that 120V/60Hz powerline automation isn't going
>> to work there)-
>
>Fair enough. I'm posting from the states. I do end up on the local
>mirror for the IRC chat from time to time, though. Dunno why it gave my
>addy a .au suffix, though. I just googled for any links to
>Ademco/Honeywell and INSTEON, and here I am ;)

It also gave you an NNTP Posting Host at a legitimate Australian ISP. I've
gotten in the habit of checking the email address and NNTP Posting Host
(especially when the question is unclear) because a high percentage of posts
here are from Europe and elsewhere and there have been a few Insteon related
questions from places that do not have 120V/60Hz.

It's still not clear what you are asking. The Insteon interface supported by
Indigo (2414U) sends/receives X-10 (as does the 2414S) so it will "hear" the
output of the Vista 20P. I don't know whether Indigo can then act as a
translator, sending an Insteon signal in response to an X-10 input - you'll
have to ask that question of the Indigo developers.

OTOH, if you want the Ademco to control an Insteon device without going
through the 2414U/Indigo/Mac path, you'll need a translator and I can only
give you the same advice I gave the OP - follow Bruce Robin's thread on the
translator. There are some problems that can arise when the X-10 signal is
on the powerline so the best method of translation is to do it at a higher
level before the X-10 signal gets to the powerline.