Re: Can wireless reliability be enhanced?

The "specified range" is usually overly optimistic.

The FCC prohibits any changes to the transmitter or its antenna. It's also
easy to detune many transmitters by soldering connections to the components
that control the frequency.

The FCC doesn't care whether you improve the antenna on the receiver. How
you do this depends on the specific receiver, whether there's any shock
hazard, and what frequency it uses. In general, a centrally located
efficient antenna with a UHF preamp will work wonders, giving range of
150-200'.

Sometime in the next few weeks I'll need to setup another web page for
roZetta ( a device under development). I'll include my pages on antenna
design for HA purposes.

All of your transmitters should have FCC ID numbers on them. You can
determine the frequency from the FCC.

     https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

If they are all in the 300-434MHz range you might see a worthwhile increase
in range by mounting a 12-18" piece of stiff wire (e.g. coat hanger wire)
close (within 1/4" or so) to the transmitter without actually making any
type of connection. Use the shorter length for the higher frequencies.