Re: Will IR Illuminator work with any CCD Camera?

> I'd like to use bullit cameras and just have
> the tip sticking through a small hole in the
> soffit...

You may find it difficult to aim the camera preciselt where you want it unless the hole is over sized.  The other issue will be the
illuminator.  Anything powerful enough to give good video from more than a few feet away will require a fiarly large IR array.  One
of our vendors, Extreme CCTV, has a very informative website.  They make a wide assortment of cameras and IR illuminators.  Their
hardware is about as good as it gets in this industry.  Prices are not cheap.  Here's their URL.  I think you'll find it an
interesting browse.  There are sections of the site dedicated to IR illuminators, cameras and combination camera/illuminators.
Being mostly a commercial / industrial CCTV maker, many of their products will your aesthetic requirements.  If the range is
satisfactory, you might want to consider their WZ series day/night cameras.

http://www.extremecctv.com/products.php?producttype_id=10&whichpage=1

I mentioned Speco in an earlier post.  In addition to "covert" cameras, they make a number of bullet style cameras.  One which you
might find interesting is the HT-INTB2.  This is an "intensifier" type of camera, designed for extremely low light operation.  URL
follows:

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=881

These are just a couple of examples.  There are lots to look at.  Let me know if I can be of assistance.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics