Re: Best brand coax and F connector for HD cable?

> Every time I go into radio shack, there's
> some poor grandma standing at the AV
> cable rack, scratching her head that she
> has to spend another $60 to hook up
> her grandson's new whatever.

The worst thing is the salesmen pushing cable named after all manner of semi-precious stones.  I overheard one idiot salesman in a
store telling a young couple how important "high end" hookup cable is.  When he told them that each splitter loses of three
"dolbies" I almost burst out laughing.

A security client of mine in CT once bought a pair of used Thiele speakers for his stereo system.  I have no idea where he got them
but the sound was terrible.  The speakers had clearly been abused and needed new drivers.  I told him they sounded as though the
drivers had been damaged by over-excursion.  He went to "The Stereo Shop" in Hartford for assistance.  The sales drone sold him a
pair of new speaker cables the size of oil truck hoses for about $1000.  He connected them up and asked what I thought.  I told him
he needed to return the hoses and get the speakers repaired.  Last I saw it his system still had those ridiculous cables and beat up
speakers.

Sometimes I think cable the manufacturers have all hired P. T. Barnum's descendants.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics