Re: Super simple IR Repeater

On 18 Dec 2006 17:26:46 -0800, sharedpp@xxxxxxxxx wrote in message
<1166491606.525092.119310@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Hi all.
>
>I can not believe i can not find this!  :)
>
>What I'm looking for is a simple cable with a IR reciever in the one
>end, and an emitter in the other.
>No batteries or anything. It should just take the IR signal, send it
>through the wire and then emit it to a tuner box i have in a closet 10
>feet from my tv.
>
>Can anyone point me in the right direction ?
>
>Regards

A proposed solution within your constraints might be found in newsgroups
that specialize in perpetual motion and cold fusion ....<joke intended>

A conventional IR 'receiver' is not a current source (consider it a
light-operated switch). It can't directly power an IR LED emitter without a
source of electricity to switch.

If you relax the requirement to allow the use of an optical fiber instead
of the  "wire" that you specify, you may be able to accomplish what you
want using a length of optical fiber  by gluing or otherwise affixing the
ends of the fiber directly to the emitter and receiver that you want to
interconnect.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org