Re: RF receivers..

"Rogue" <mechnet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Help.
>Anyone know where i can get a hold of a handful of 446Mhz or 462Mhz RF
>receivers.
>Don't need to be able to receive voice. Just act as a switch really,
>it's for a pet project i'm working on.
>Any help on this would be muchly appreciated.

The inexpensive superregenerative ASK (i.e. AM) RF receiver modules ($5 from
Mouser) listed here...

     http://davehouston.net/modules.htm

are tunable over a wide enough range that I suspect you could tune the
433.92MHz versions to the frequencies you need. Note that I haven't actually
tried this but have tuned others by ~50 MHz.

Using the soundcard setup shown here...

     http://davehouston.net/learn.htm

you can rough tune by ear. The linear output on pin 3 can then be used for
final tuning.

If you need FSK (i.e. FM) these will not work. FSK pretty much requires
receivers designed for these frequencies or programmable modules that get
much more costly.

I'm curious - what pets transmit at these frequencies? ;-)

http://davehouston.net