Re: Ethernet-based systems for DIY?

> Let me see if I understand this. You pay them a monthly fee to access the
> devices in your home, apparently meaning they can access those devices at
> will.

I think they spy on me :)  Actually, I didn't buy iControl.  I just saw
them at a show.  It seemed pretty good.  I'm hoping to hear from others
that might have bought iControl stuff. But, you're right in what you
say, they would indeed have access it seems to watch me with my own
wireless camera.  And turned my lights on and off if they desired...and
change my thermostat if they pleased.

But, I like the simplicity of the starter kit.  But there isn't enough
money I suppose in selling starter kits, hence their fee...