X10 Remote (Transceiver) Module Strength

Hey guys.

I have the X10 CM11a computer module, and it is able to control
everything in my house fine.  However, I have a lamp module upstairs,
and my remote (transceiver) module (RR501) is downstairs.  When I use
the remote control, it won't turn the light on/off upstairs.  What do I
need to do to boost the strength?  Can I simply purchase another
transceiver module and put it upstairs.  Will this cause a problem with
two on the same housecode?  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.