Re: XTB-II Options

"Dennis" <djr-google.djrlar@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1156451513.857710.55790@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Jeff,
>
> I am still trying to understand why you don't offer an XTB that
> can amplify any X10 signal on the line as apposed to being
> limited to only those plugged into it. I'm honestly not criticizing,
> but here's my reasoning:
>
> 1. Yes, there are current amplifiers, but they are low power units.
>
> 2. Since I would have several sources of X10 signals, HA
> controller, CM11, RF receivers, etc, all of which need
> amplification, but could not be located in a central location for
> practical operational purposes, the current design of the XTB
> would require multiple units.

I wanted to update my response to this old thread.  I just completed a
significant enhancement to the XTB-II firmware.  It now includes user
programmable mode options so it can be tailored for best performance in each
installation.  One of the options now available is a limited repeater
capability:

http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/x10xmtbuf/xtb-ii_modeoptions.doc

Jeff