Re: OT: Building 7 (was: Re: Insteon now or wait?)

>"E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx>

>> First thing, I have no opinion either way. I have spent a ton of time >
>reading all of these articles and watching the videos, and mostly
>> have come to only one conclusion: it is fascinating

I was in Spain when my younger son called me to tell me to turn on CNN. I
obeyed  to find they're showing an unrealistic King-Kong-like program with
a plane flying into the WTC and other such nonsense  ... took a moment to
reach my other son in Manhattan on his cell as he was walking to his
office at the WTC... < numbness, cold sweat, slo-mo >. So I learned that
he was OK within *seconds* (Technology takes away; Technology gives back.)
and a couple of minutes before almost all the phones went down. I called
my wife who was at a meeting in Italy and left a message to tell that her
that our older son was OK. She calls back half hour with "Why wouldn't
[he] be OK? Why are you bothering me at a meeting ....) I told her to turn
on CNN  ...

My son lived in the area that was initially closed off. And was personally
'touched' by the Manhattan anthrax death a block from his home in a way
that I don't choose to describe here.

That's a long-winded way of explaining why I've had more interest in the
particulars of the second (2001) WTC attack than even the first.

But I find nothing particularly  perplexing or inexplicable in the
analyses offered by responsible folks. We should be surprised that the
military covers up its inadequacies ? (LOL ;-). Ask the Athenians.

There is a certain amount of chaos in even the most tightly controlled
experiment or situation, so it doesn't surprise me one whit that there are
some pieces that take longer to understand than others. In my experience,
folks what can't get past that part of reality tend to become paralyzed
trying to predict turbulence and vortexes that -- however striking when
they appear -- end up dissipating into nothingness.

On the other hand, the story that is just now emerging about how one Power
Line Control manufacturer in China conspired to manipulate their supply
chain of TRIACs such that mean gate threshold voltage on devices used by
another manufacturer of ... <on-topic joke intended>.

 ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org