Re: Re: Insteon now or wait?

"Doug L" <vssdoug@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Everyones an expert after the event and there are plenty of experts who
will
> tell you anything you want to hear and more,

Amen brother!  I just love to hear the experts who were couldn't predict the
bad event, but could explain it away just fine.  Twenty-twenty hindsight.

> but my take on it is that the WTC towers were  brought down
> by the fires that resulted from the the planes impact,

You'd be in good company.  I've watched a number of PBS and other TV
specials, along with reading a number of in-depth articles about the
collapse.  We've even had discussions at the house with dad's civil
engineering friends.  They are all comfortable with the official outcome.

The novel, open space "pan" and wall-hook design of the building and
supports without sufficient fire protection seem to be the cause of the
collapse.  Many architects feel had the planes hit a more
traditionally-designed building like the Empire State Building, the steel
girders and crossbeams would have survived the impact and fire.

> the US Navy didn't shoot down TWA 800,

I'm not so sure what happened to TWA 800.  That's an incident with an awful
lot of unanswered questions attached including why so many trained observers
reported seeing something moving UP towards the plane from the ground.
Still, as my physics professor used to say, if you hear hoofbeats, think
horses, not zebras.  If there's a simple, non-conspiratorial answer, it's
far more likely to be the real reason than something far more exotic - like
zebras.

> they really did walk on the  moon, there isn't a colony of aliens
> living in area 51 and Jim Morrison is pushing up the daisies.
> Elvis however really did shoot JFK and faked his own
> demise when the feds were closing in and is currently
> flipping burgers in a Burger King in the South of France

Damn.  You've forced Elvis to have to look for a new job!  (Actually, Elvis
played one of his last gigs nearby and I had backstage passes - he was
already looking *pretty* bad by then - it's no surprise he joined Jim
Morrison in the Tower of Song.)

--
Bobby G.