OT: Building 7 (was: Re: Insteon now or wait?)

"E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> >Charlie Sheen

I had to post this link to the gruesome details of the his divorce.  Crikey!
Charlie's lost some credibility points with me!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0421061sheen1.html

That boy's got issues that transcend Building 7's fate, that's for sure!

> First thing, I have no opinion either way. I have spent a ton of time >
reading all of these articles and watching the videos, and mostly have come
> to only one conclusion: it is fascinating.

Today's Washington Post talks about the coverup by the military:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/01/AR2006080101
300.html

9/11 Panel Suspected Deception by Pentagon

. . . "We to this day don't know why NORAD [the North American Aerospace
Command] told us what they told us," said Thomas H. Kean, the former New
Jersey Republican governor who led the commission. "It was just so far from
the truth. . .

 <stuff snipped>

> Personally, if there's any sort of cover-up, I think it more likely that
> someone is covering up our intelligence ineptitude, not some government
plot
> to kill lots of Americans.  Who knows.

The commission agrees.  They believe the lies told were to cover up the
incredibly slow response to the crisis.  The military was apparently still
"tracking" one plane long after it had crashed:

" . . .audiotapes from NORAD's Northeast headquarters and other evidence
showed clearly that the military never had any of the hijacked airliners in
its sights and at one point chased a phantom aircraft -- American Airlines
Flight 11 -- long after it had crashed into the World Trade Center."

This jibes with some ANG pilots I know who confirm that there just wasn't
ever enough time for jets to respond to the threat, let alone shoot down any
of the suspect planes.  It turns out that Iraq's "no fly zone" had way more
protection than our own country from air threats like the hijacked planes.

> I do know this:  This thread sparked this discussion again between me and
my
> coworkers during a van ride home from DC yesterday.  We had been
discussing
> it for about an hour, had fallen into silence. A car merged onto the
> interstate in front of us, with the license plate "WTCI&II".  One of my
> female coworkers flipped out. She reads her horoscope daily and things
like
> that.
>
> It WAS a little freaky.

I still believe that one should never attribute to conspiracy that which can
be easily explained by stupidity.  It still burns me that El Al learned to
lock airplane cockpits over 20 years ago.  It took a lot of dead people for
us to get the message.

--
Bobby G.