Re: Writting your own X10 software

jpw15@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> using the sample code but error keeps happening from craigs creations
>
> Error	1	The type 'System.IO.Ports.SerialPort' exists in both
> 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll' and
> 'c:\Documents and
> Settings\jpw\Desktop\Jeff2\bin\SerialPort.dll'	C:\Documents and
> Settings\jpw\Desktop\Jeff2\CraigsCreations.com.X10\X10CM11aController.cs	47	11	CraigsCreations.com.X10
>

> any help
>

> Dave Houston wrote:
> > Aside from the mains voltage, all of the CM11* devices are identical in
> > function. Software written for the CM11A will work with all variants.
> >
> > jpw15@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > >i have looked at these but they only say the software works with the
> > >cm11a, are both devices comatible with the same software i havnt tryed
> > >it yet but i will.

It looks 2 different components are using the same NameSpace.
'System.IO.Ports.SerialPort'  is a NameSpace in .Net 2.0

I believe Craig had written the X10Controller app in .Net 1.5 (I did
not see the code yet)
The SerialPort.dll is also using 'System.IO.Ports.SerialPort as its
namespace.

The SerialPort.dll should be recreated using a different namespace.
Or recode the application to use .Net 2.0 serial ports.