Re: X10 dimmer modules and CF lamps

Hello Bruce,

> There are specific CFL's that are dimmable and that feature will be on
> the package. ...

Probably just the expensive ones. At Lowes and HD they all said not to
be dimmable. It would be ok if they weren't dimmable but if the
situation remained safe if someone accidentally did. Most CFLs drop into
a fast pulsing when dimmed but the packages don't say whether or not
something catastrophic could result if left in that mode.

> ... However, if you use small CFL's outside you shouldn't need
> to dim them and could use the Relay wall switches.

Thanks, got to look for those. When I installed X10 here about 5 years
ago there were only wall outlets with relays and that meant no internal
switch. Anything for lamps had triac control and dimming.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com