Re: Protocol(s) for controlling switches, dimmers and other devices over ZigBee?

Yes, there are numerous "standards" - one from each manufacturer. ;-^)

I've seen nothing to indicate Insteon will be offering ZigBee (which doesn't
mean it's not true) - they have their own RF protocol. It's published so you
don't need to reverse engineer it.