Cell Phones and X-10

I was pretty excited when I found cellautomation.  But the posts were
in 2003.

I want to be able to control a few X10 controllers at a remote site
using a cell phone as the receiver.  This would replace a commercial
phone line that is nearly $100 per month that gets used about 3X per
month.

Is there a way to do this?  Maybe it's illegal.  I've read that you
can't
transmit tones, but I don't believe that... I can CALL the X10 current
phone
responder with my cell phone and it works fine on tones.

TiA.  Bill Hale