Connecting a connecting block with IR Emittor outlet of Mitsubishi DLP projection TV

HI:

I bought a Mitsubishi MD 62725 about a year ago and would like to use
the TVs IR emitter out port in the back to communicate with my other AV
gadgets (DVD, Receiver etc) placed about 25 feet away.  So I invested
in a Xantech connecting block and connected cables from TV to AV
equipment to allow me to use TV's remote or other remotes to control
the AV equipment.

I have two options:

1) Use IR emitters provided by Mitsubishi with the TV.  Connect the
Mitsubishi OOB IR emitters to IR-Out jack in the back of the TV.  Affix
the IR emitter bean in front of Xantech IR receiver.  Connect Xantech
IR receiver to connecting block and hope everything works fine.

2) Buy a stereo Jack from Radio Shack.  Hardwire the cables from the
jack to connecting block.  I have tried this option but did not seem to
work.  I will prefer this option if it is technically feasible.
Mitsubishi tech support is almost non existent.  Xantech tech support
is helpful but does not seem to address the problem involving
heterogeneous equipment (Mit and Xantech).  They however mentioned to
use a diode with cathode pointing towards connecting block.  A local
installer mentioned that hard wiring may not be an option since Mit
signals are not compatible with Xantech IR signals.

Can anyone in these groups help resolve this and help me selecting
correct option?

Thanks in advance

Shailesh