Re: powerline shielding for touchpanel

On 2005-09-05 11:38:01 -0500, "wkearney99" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>> I have a touchpanel and I had to replace a section of the power wire
>> running from the panel to the controller.  it works exactly as
>> expected, however the panel is now darker on one side (the side where
>> the new wire runs)...so I am assuming this is some sort of electrical
>> inteference.  The original power wire has a lot more insulation and a
>> lower guage than my wire.  If this is the problem, any idea how I can
>> sheild this wire to eliminate any interference?  If I am off...any idea
>> why the touch panel would be doing this?
>
> Are you sure it's related to the new wire and it's placement?  As in, can
> you reconnect the old setup and the problem goes away?

unfortunately I cannot replace the old one.  I determined that it was
the wire because I originally had the wire along the entire backside of
the panel and it was really dark...then I moved it as far away as I
could and it brightened right up.  the problem now is the location
where the wire actually connects to the panel...is darker than the rest.

thanks,

steve