Re: Looking at Zwave products and need recommendations?

>> If you weren't technically incompetent (in addition to
>> being illiterate) you might know that.
>
> Technically incompetent Yes I would agree (Finally we agree
> on something)...

No one is an expert on everything.  Your willingness to go to
tech support for answers when you're unsure and your
forthrightness are refreshing.

> ... other dealers ignored your questions. Illiterate well
> prove it to me.

Don't let him get under your skin.  He's just very sensitive to
being told he's wrong.  :^)

>> I can honestly say the same thing that some dealers
>> who post here say. No one has complained about any
>> Z-Wave stuff they bought from me. ;)
>
> People have complained about Zwave just as they have
> about x10 and UPB. They all have issues.
>
> I speak from first hand expirence! I actually would hope
> they buy UPB as the profit margin is greater as Zwave is
> close to X10 margin..

>> Z-Wave is proprietary (and very closely allied with HomeSeer).
>
> I'm still waiting for your Very Competent information on
> this baseless statement about Allied with Homeseer.

What he means is he *believes* that they are allied because he's
unfamiliar with either product.  Dave is very knowledgeable in
certain areas but completely unwilling to admit there are large
areas of the HA world about which he knows nothing at all.

> But then again I'm a Homeseer User and not compentent
> to speak about Homeseer or Zwave!

Heh, heh, heh... :^)

I worked with Homeseer from the very beginning.  Rick got his
first HA-compatible security hardware from me.  I've also helped
some other HS dealers with problems on occasion.  I used to sell
HS and Zwave but they no longer fit my business model so I just
refer clients who need them to you.  Hopefully some are buying.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms