Whole-House Audio

I am about to wire a large apartment with dual Cat5/RG6 wires to the 2+2
boxes.  Is there any audio system that can use this, or must I run a
separate set of Cat5/speaker wire to handle each company's proprietary way
of handling the data/audio?  I am currently drawn to the Nuvo Simplesse
system for audio, as it is inexpensive and provides the zoning I need for
the apartment.  However, it requires that all audio components sit in the
same location (at the patch panel), so that I can't feed TV sound, as an
example.  The Zon system allows for routing an audio source back to another
room.  So I guess I'd like a system that:

a)  allows for input from various rooms
b) allows for control of the sound level in each of those various rooms
c) allows for MP3 play by way of either PC or a dedicated media server.

Thanks in advance!