Re: Looking at Zwave products and need recommendations?

> <much grudgematch stuff snipped>

It's not a grudge match.  Dave lies about his failed ventures,
the same as he lied about asking for help when he was in bad
shape a while back.  He often denigrates viable, useful systems
as well as those who build or sell them out of personal malice
rather than based on their merits.  Marc did the newsgroup a
service by exposing Dave for what he is.  Dave's reply was to lie
again and to accuse Marc of libel.  Marc had every right and IMO
a responsibility to offer detailed proof of Dave's lies.

> --- snip vocabulary lesson ---

> I wish there was some process that both you and Dave,
> each valuable contributors to CHA, could bury the hatchet
> anywhere but in each other's necks.  <sigh>

I tried that some time back.  When Dave asked for help in a page
on his website, I offered it.  I did so discreetly so as not to
embarrass him.  I offered him a hand hoping to put past
differences behind us.  In response Dave publicly attacked me and
accused me of trying to steal his work.  Frankly, I have no
interest in nor have I ever had any interest in buying or selling
anything Dave developed.

His atrocious behavior in response to an offer of kindness leads
me to believe he's not just a cantankerous old man, but probably
more than a little bit disturbed.  At this point I couldn't care
less what his problems are.  They are not the problem of everyone
else who reads this newsgroup.

If Marc offered Dave the olive branch, Dave would almost
certainly try to hit him with it.  That's just the kind of person
he is -- bitter and mean spirited.  Marc is one of the nicer
people who post here.  TTBOMK he has never tried to mislead
anyone hear especially not out of sour grapes over personal
failures.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass