Re: Harmony Remote supports Zwave

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 14:35:54 GMT, "Brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <eVCTe.1308$6e1.143@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20050907005457&newsLang=en
>
>Okay since I'm a Zwave supporter I thought I would post this.

Logitech's (see above) (and CQC and Homeseer's) support of Z-wave, and
Crestron's development of proprietary hardware using Zigbee  is consistent
with the development of two overlapping markets:

Z-wave as a lower cost system with broad acceptance, and

Zigbee, more expensive and appealing to high-end customers such as Crestron (a
Cadillac in the hierarchy of HA systems).

(X10 falls some where in the Trablant range in the automotive metaphor ;-)

Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org