Re: Good X10-compatible RF remotes?

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ovW_e.339137$5N3.106530@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> If your automation controller can handle macros, then you could program it
> to translate a single X10 command from the remote to control several
> different lights:
>
> A5 OFF -> B5 OFF, B6 OFF, B7 OFF
>
> With this approach, we have a couple of macros control most interior and
> exterior lights.
>
> Jeff
>
> "CeeDub" <craigmw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> My trusty 6-in-1 remote that came with my original ActiveHome kit (my
> first
>> foray into HA) seems to have stopped functioning. I really miss the
> ability
>> to control various lighting in our home via this remote. At this point, I
>> could pick up another one. But, I'd like to install more X-10 compatable
>> dimmers in the house and would likely have more than 16 addresses. Thus,
> the
>> 6-in-1 would not be so handy. Can anyone suggest a decent solution? I
>> just
>> want to control X10, though if the unit supported other functions, that
>> would be great too.
>> Craig

Yes, I'd like to eventually get to programming "scenes" using this sort of
approach. I'm using a SmartHome USB programmable controller and I believe
this will accept macros, though I've not played around with it much yet.
Eventually, I'll probably have to get an Ocelot to do this stuff. But, I'd
still like to keep it simple (and not have to maintain a computer in the on
state 24/7).

Thanks.

Craig