Re: CQC 1.4 Beta available

I've got most of the docs updated now for 1.4, in the offline version of the
web site (to be swapped in on the 5th when 1.4 goes live.)

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/WebTest/

Under the Learn tab, the Quick Tutorial is now pretty nice, though it could
always have more in it. And the Using CQC section is now reasonably well
done, though probably plenty of typos since I just finished it. These should
give you a good feel for what CQC is and how it can be applied to your
automation solution.

I'd also like to just briefly announce also that we'll be having a 25% off
sale starting on Labor Day (the 5th) and running till the 19th. Note that
all drivers for supported devices are in the base package, so there are no
per-driver charges (plugins as they might be known in other systems.) There
is just a base package and a small set of optional features. The license is
a site license, so you license the CQC Master Server and you can run CQC on
as many other clients as you want within your home network.

So, if you've been thinking about getting into the home automation area, or
you are using an existing automation product and aren't feeling too happy
with it, this would be the time to make a move and take advantage of the
lower prices.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems
www.charmedquark.com