Re: Ir signals via X10

> I want to use the pc to send a command over the UPB to a controller that
> will convert the signal back to native IR and send it through emitters
fixed
> to the IR controlled devices (home cinema).

No such beast exists.

> I do NOT want to store IR macros in a controller at the other end and just
> call the corresponding ID - I want it to be driven from the PC and
> programmed at the PC preffereably using IR hex codes or something like a
> pronto....

IR distribution is usually handled via devices like the GC-100 from Global
Cache or through IR networks like those sold by Xantech.  Other options
exist but none work without having some sort of additional wiring or coax
add-on devices installed.

As in, nothing will push IR over powerline to in-room emitters.  At least
none I've ever seen.  If they existed, at a reasonable price, I'd certainly
be interested in making use of them.

-Bill Kearney