Low voltage wiring - NEC question

I'm planning to install some outdoor low voltage landscape lighting
using a transformer UL rated as indoor/outdoor mounted in the garage.

According to what I've been able to find wrt NEC, if the wiring is run
*through* a wall it must be enclosed in conduit. However, if it is run
along a wall, is there any need to enclose it or do anything special?

Thanks,
Martin