Re: Low voltage wiring - NEC question

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 04:11:58 -0700, "Fred" <Fred@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Ok educate me than, its been a while I've looked anything up in NEC

These are either article 725 class 2 or class 1 circuits, depending on
the current limiting in the transformer. Class 1 (not current limited)
is treated just like regular power circuits.
Class 2 (less than 30v, current limited) still requires protection
from physical damage.

Lack of enforcement does not change the code. I bet there are some
AHJs who would say you do need a permit to install landscape lighting
but there is no easy way to enforce it.
Bear in mind plenty of people do service upgrades without perrmits and
I doubt anyone would say replacing a panelboard does not involve the
NEC.