Re: Looking at Zwave products and need recommendations?

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 09:46:08 -0400, "E. Lee Dickinson"
<lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<dfc9g6$on1$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>This all hurts my heart. All three of you have repeatedly responded to my
>questions positively and helpfully.
>
>I've never bothered to listen to the anti-Bass propoganda: I simply don't
>care what his past ineractions or business practices may have been. Today
>he's a helpful contributor.  Sure, he shows some bias in product selection,
>but freely admits to it. I can't believe that after putting up with years
of
>people trashing you, Robert, that you would get involved in this thread.
>
>Marc, not long ago you were going on about trying to preserve the integrity
>of this newsgroup.  I'm embarking on a rather large (at least, to me) HA
>project, and it would sure suck if this group fell apart when I need help
>most!
>
>Dave: You started this with "If you weren't technically incompetent and
>illiterate."  As someone mentioned, that's ad hominim at its best.
>
>Plleeeeeeeeaaaaassseeee??

Dave has endearing characteristics other than his considerable technical
expertise and long-standing willingness to share it in this newsgroup.
Another, in my opinion, is his deep wit.

In this thread Dave wrote " Every 3-6 months Hult crawls out from under a
rock []" . I (Hult) am a  geologist specializing in water who lives in a
region with some of the worlds largest and best known underground streams --
so this is literally true ;-)

Thanks Dave, for that chuckle.

We all need more good humour in this time of monumental tragedy in the
Mississippi Bay region. As a hydrologist, I am overwhelmed with anger and
renewed energy by our society's tragic failure to give sufficient priority
to well-known environmental threats. As a humanist, the callous disregard
for folks less fortunate then ourselves fills me with a profound sadness.

Thank you, Lee , for your "Plleeeeeeeeaaaaassseeee?? "

(which is both a wise request and as good a pun as I've heard this week --
even if the spelling _is_ atrocious ;-)

Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org