Re: noise?

Since the MR26A is powered from the RS232 port there are no safety issues.
You can replace the antenna with a highly directional Yagi but I'm not sure
it would be worth the effort, especially if the culprit turns out to be
nearby.

You would have to build the Yagi yourself - I don't think you'll find an
off-the-shelf Yagi cut for 310MHz.