Re: noise?

I was locked into a certain path once the OP asked about a directional
antenna. I was probably unduly influenced by the fact that I haven't
listened to AM in about 20 years and that I have about a hundred of the
310MHz receivers and automatically reach for one when something along these
lines comes up. Either that or I was misquoted by the media. ;)

An AM radio tuned to ~620kHz should work like a charm.