Re: A question or two about WGL's V572A

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:14:09 GMT, nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote
in message  <4312df18.395161062@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>None of the RF devices made by WGL have undergone FCC required testing
>(Canada has similar requirements) and it is illegal to sell them in the US
>and Canada. I think it's also illegal to use such a device in Canada but
>I'm not that familar with the details of the Canadian rules.
>
>I have _never_ recommended any illegal device.

Dave designed (with input from comp.home.automation discussions) built,
marketed, and recommended the BX24-AHT which, as he notes, did not have FCC
certification.

Unassembled kits ("home built") units apparently do not require FCC
certification. His son and grandson set up a web store to sell BX24-AHT
parts in the US.

The company that then (as now) hosted Dave's web site at
wwww.laser.com/houston/ sold assembled units worldwide including the US.
Dave posted prominently on his web site that the devices were available
from www.laser.com.

So Dave recommended a device (the BX24-AHT). In my inexpert personal
opinion, depending on which avenue any given consumer chose for purchasing
Dave's device (unassembled or assembled), the device obtained was either
legal or illegal for use in the US.

Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.com