Re: Automatic Wheelchair Turntable

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>I could also mount a roll cage of sorts in the compartment that could have a
>central point lift capable of lifting the chair so the user could spin it
>around and drop it in the right orientation.

I'm missing something.  The chair is capable of spinning adequately on its
own, right?  A turntable or lift doesn't allow the chair to spin any tighter,
does it?  (I have a Quickie power wheelchair that easily spins "in place.")

The problem you're fighting is that when the chair is occupied it can't spin
in place because the occupant protrudes from the chair enough to strike
obstacles.  Is that right?  So you just need something to spin it once the
user has dismounted?

Is there some other issue (like the need to fold a manual chair slightly)
that requires lifting it?

Also, for backing up the ramp...is a winch ever used (for manual chairs)?
Seems like it would be a trivial addition.

--kyler