Re: New Home Construction

"pebrinic@xxxxxxxxx" <pebrinic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Dave and speeder, I liked your idea about firewire over ethernet,
>insteresting!  Do you guys find that a lot of home use that for their
>electronics systems?  Also, is that enough bandwidth for HD?  Also, as
>far as interference is concerned, is a powerline firewall such as the
>Compose PLC a necessity in a townhouse enviroment?  That would be more
>a question for the automation system that we would install, if that
>would go over powerlines such as X10, right?

I have no idea how widespread Firewire home networks are. I doubt there's
any way to determine that short of commissioning a poll.

Check the 1394 Trade Association for details on Firewire.

     http://www.1394ta.org/Technology/

I don't know whether the Compose firewall will block HPAV which uses
carriers in the 2-28MHz range. You might ask that of...

     http://www.homeplug.org/en/index.asp

The technical details are here...

     http://www.intellon.com/pdfs/HPAV-White-Paper_050818.pdf

All three of the technologies I mentioned claim HD video capability.
Intellon has demonstrated multiple, simultaneous HD video streams at recent
trade shows.