Re: Insteon license discussion

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 13:03:17 -0400, Dennis Brothers wrote:

> "Neil Cherry" <njc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> accomplish one goal. So who has already spoken to Insteon about their
>> SDK?

> I have - here's what I posted in another thread:

Thanks, I'll print that out and work with Bob and crew to resolve
this. I'm afraid I can't let it go without something 'legal' or this
could easily come back to bite me in the backend code. I could easily
post the entire contents of their PDF in the batch of programs I need
(not directly but I tend to comment a lot by direct reference) and
then run into legal problems because the original license was much
tighter. Or someone else could take the info out of my program create
their own (within the rights of the GPL) and then Insteon may take
exception with their program and I get stuck in the middle of a legal
battle. I don't have time for legal battles.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)