Re: Looking at Zwave products and need recommendations?

> The Z-Wave questions I raised were not nitpicking but valid technical
> questions. The answers probably helped at least a few people better
> understand their approach. I don't use Z-Wave. I can't afford to buy each
> new technology that comes along just to test it. However, while I've never
> had an apple fall on my head, I still understand the law of gravity.

You may not need to have a Zwave switch fall on your head to
understand it either.  However, a cursory examination of the
available information would show you've erred repeatedly while
making strongly worded declarations as though you actually knew
the products.

> --- snip resume ---

> I've said that Z-Wave ... price their SDK too high.

The SDK is not intended for your personal use.  It's intended for
corporate developers who are making a commitment to develop and
market Zwave compatible hardware.  That and the level of support
which Zensys must devote to bringing developers up to speed are
probably the reasons they priced it as it is.

> Who do you think manufactures the HomeSeer labeled
> Z-Wave products?

There are two companies whose products Homeseer used to sell.
Last time I checked the hardware was not private labeled.  That
may have changed but rest assured that Zensys is not depending on
Homeseer as their prime developer.

> Why do you suppose that Zensys resisted introducing a
> serial version of the PC interface despite the fact that,
> at heart, it was a serial interface with a USB adapter
> grafted on?

That one's easy.  Homeseer asked them to do so.  HS is a serious
developer -- not an angry Usenet poster sitting in his apartment
complaining that the SDK costs more than he can spot.

> Have you visited the HS forums? There are a lot of
> negative posts about Z-Wave. I'd quote some but I'd
> be accused of bad-mouthing something I don't
> own.

Perhaps if you actually tried out some of their stuff your
complaints would hold merit.

> Proof? Read any of your posts. All exhibit multiple
> spelling errors and show poor command of the
> English language...

Whereas you show poor command of your ill temper.  I know some
well educated people who can't spell very well.  I also know some
who can spell but don't type well, myself included.

> IIRC, you are attending college. I suspect you get
> similar comments from most of your professors...

I suspect you'd get smacked in the mouth a lot if you behaved in
public the way you do here.

> You do not present a very good image for your business
> and it's no surprise that people might still buy elsewhere
> even after getting most of their information from you and
> even when your price is lower.

I send him customers every so often.

Is your ego so weak that the only way you can inflate it is to
insult anyone with the temerity to disagree with you?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms